Camping is a great way to unwind and refresh your mind, soul, and body. There’s something about being near nature that instantly rejuvenates, and anyone can appreciate a breather.
As with any activity, one can start not knowing what to do, but the more you do it, the better you will be. If you are planning to go and be one with nature, this article is for you. Read on to find the essential know-how of camping.
Before you go on your trip
Know your location
First things first: Know where you are going. Not just knowing the name of the place but fully understanding the location. Make a list of the spots you are interested in and list down their features. Here are things that you might want to find out:
- Reservation or walk-in
- Campfire sites
- Available potable water source
- Number of allowed cars
- Bringing pets
- Places to buy/gather firewood and kindling
- Bathrooms and comfort rooms
- Kind of terrain
- Good view
- Proximity to other things you might want to do
Bring The Camping Essentials For Women
When you are out in the wild, comfort is already reduced to half, but that does not mean that you will have to go one the rest of your trip in misery. Consider bringing the following:
- Extra cash. You will never know when you will need it. It is better to be ready than sorry.
- Tent. If you are camping alone, this is a must. But if you are camping with a group, ask them if they have the capacity and are willing to let you share with them.
- Tarpaulin. This ensures that your tent is dry and clean. You will also have space to put or remove your footwear.
- Stakes and a mallet. If your tent already comes with these, congratulations. Stakes are used to make sure your tent is held in place. Also, consider getting a mallet that has a hook at the end, it will come in handy when it is time to pack up.
- Firewood and kindling. If you are not in an area where you are allowed to gather your wood, it would be useful to bring your own. Pro tip: Dryer lint and empty egg cartons make great kindling!
- Sleeping pad. This is one of the freer options, but if you have back problems and require an extra cushion, this is necessary.
- Headlamp. You could also use your flashlight as one.
- Bug spray and sunscreen. For extra protection.
- Water bottle/thermos. Opt for the non-plastic, reusable kind!
- Trash bags. For your garbage and extra storage.
During your trip
Before doing anything else, it is best to set up first. Make sure that you will have a place for everything for faster and efficient packing when it is time to go.
Relaxing cannot be stressed enough. It is what you came there to do. Unwind, be present at the moment, talk to your companions, and enjoy communing with nature.
Experience and enjoy
This is something that you do not get to do all the time, so experience as much as you can and enjoy every moment.
After Your Trip: Camping Essentials For Women
Clean as you go! With all the fun memories nature has given you, do not repay it with leaving your trash all over the place.
You have just braved the wilderness, and it is now is the time to post photos from your trip. Make sure to remember the things you have learned and put them into practice next time!